Under the Health and Safety Act (1992) NZ FACILITY SERVICES GROUP LIMITED (NZFS) is committed to providing a support system to our staff so that they operate as safely as possible in the wide variety of work environments. Our staff and your staff safety is of paramount importance.
Safety in Employment Amendment Act 2002, and take all practical steps to Employees, Sub-Contractors and other persons are not harmed.
We ensure that we:
- Co-operate with the client to ensure our Staff comply with your work place Health and Safety policy
- Provide a safe working environment through identifying and control of hazards.
- Ensuring the safety of the Public surrounding our Staff’s working environments.
- Our business will provide ongoing training on a regular basis.
- Reporting any accident or incident regardless of the severity.
- Provide all out sites with a Folder containing relevant information as per Health and Safety policy.
Health & Safety Policy Commitment Statement: NZFS
- Is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for all staff and visitors to the workplace, and will take responsibility for health and safety procedures, including:
- Recording and reporting all workplace incidents and injuries
- Providing proper controls for known hazards in the workplace
- Providing and maintaining safe equipment and systems
- Consulting with employees, or their representatives, on matters affecting health and safety
- Providing information, training and supervision for employees
- Ensuring safe handling, use, storage and transportation of all chemicals and equipment
- Complying with legislation, regulations, codes of practice and safe operating procedures relevant to our industry
- Working continuously to improve systems and processes
- Supporting safe and early return to work of injured employees
- Employees also need to be aware of their responsibilities and comply with the business’ health and safety policy. They are encouraged to play a vital and responsible role in maintaining a safe and healthy workplace through:
- Being involved in the workplace health and safety system
- Sticking to correct procedures and equipment
- Wearing protective clothing and equipment when required
- Reporting any pain or discomfort as soon as possible
- Ensuring all accidents and incidents and reported
- Helping new employees, trainees and visitors to the workplace understanding the right safety procedures and why they exist
- Reporting immediately and healthy and safety concerns.
Health & Safety Manager
- Identifying and Managing Hazards: A hazard is anything that could cause harm, injury or pain. (If you think something might be a hazard, it probably is.)
- Emergency Plan: We will follow the Emergency Plan that is in place on site from our clients.
- Records & Notifying: Accidents, injuries, illness and risky incidents that happen at work must be recorded, investigated, and in some cases, notified to New Zealand Facility Services
At all times where necessary, NZFS and / or Sub-Contractors wear the appropriate and approved safety clothing and utilize the appropriate safety equipment. We ensure that no dangerous or hazardous materials not required to carry out the specified work are brought on to the work site. If any such materials or equipment are required we notify the Site Management to gain approval.
Request View Our Health & Safety Folder, which includes. Or download our NZFS Health & Safety Policy 2016. word
- Policies and Procedures
- Health and Safety Checklists
- Hazard Identification Sheet
- Accident Report Form
- Chemical Sheet Colour Coding
- Floor Mops Colour Code
- MSDS Sheets
- Site Checklists
- Security Policies and Procedures
- Addition Site Information
New regulations are in force on the 4th April. NZFS are working on Health & Safety Folder’s across New Zealand to ensure that we adhere to the Health and Safety Work Act. For more information for your organisation you can review the (HSWA) from WorkSafe NZ
For more detailed regulations you can view this via the New Zealand legislation website